Friday

Starting A Web Design Business

Starting A Web Design Business 




Complete Business Package



1. How do I write a web proposal?

How long should it be? How detailed should it be? If it's too long, will it scare off the client? What if it's too short? I really don't know where to start? What do I include?

2. Do I need a business plan? How do I write a web design business plan?

I really should plan my freelancing business properly. I've never written a business plan before. Where do I start and what do I put in it?

3. How do I get a loan if I need one?

I'll need money to start my business, so I guess I need to get finance. What should I be aware of before approaching the bank?

4. How much should I charge for my work?

I dont wan't to scare clients off by charging too much, but I don't want to undercharge so Im losing out. What's the best way to charge and how much should I charge?
5. What should I include in my web contract?

What if they don't pay me? What if they dont provide the needed content or images so that I can get the job done? How can I protect myself from any legal issues?

6. What questions do I ask the client during a meeting?

Do I ask them what their budget is? Do I charge for my time during meetings? What information should I get from them? What questions shouldn't I ask?

7. How can I address change requests?

I dont wan't the client to be constantly changing his or her mind about colors, layout or site navigation, that will drive me mad! How can I address this?

8. Where are the best places to find good clients?

I cant seem to find any work, where are the best place to find clients -- good clients that will pay me what I'm worth.

9. How do I address ongoing support and maintenance when the site is finished?

I want to ensure that I clarify ongoing support in my contract but how do I word it? How can I prevent from having to make changes at all hours of the night, just because they "need it now"

10. How do I keep track of all my paperwork and invoicing?

I've got receipts, invoices and paperwork all over the place. I know I should get more organised but how do I sort it out?

10. Is there a business workflow structure that I should use for each job?

I need something to show me exactly what to do at each step of the way and how to avoid losing control of a project.

....then you really need to stop messing about and take action! Failing to have plan and run your freelancing business properly could result in either one of three things.....




2 comments:

  1. I love love love these banners. My daughter is starting an etsy shop so I'll share them with her. Thanks logo design

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recommend businesses with 800#s use a different number for their website. small business web design

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts